Saturday, May 1, 2010

This Morning, the power went out...

So about 8:30a.m., the power went out at our house for about 2 1/2 hours. So my husband jumps up and says, "Well, I'll go take a shower, take the trash to the dump, and then go to the Hallmark store to buy some Mother's Day cards." Ok, sure honey, and I will take care of both kids for the 2 hours that you were gone without any power in the house. So I did just that.

It was sort of like the airplane rides that we took the end of January to CA to see my parents for my mom's 55th birthday. I just came up with new things to do as soon as my 2 1/2 year old son got bored. We colored, sang and danced to music from my IPOD, thank goodness for them. I couldn't live without mine. He watched an episode of Oso from the Disney channel that I downloaded for him to have once in a while, such as the power going out. I fed him breakfast, and we played some more in his Cars tent and read some books to both kiddos. I am really glad that my 9 month old is so into crawling around and playing that to her, it doesn't matter if the power is on or not.

To me, I am happy without or without it. I have a stack of magazines to read and some books laying around that I will get to read someday. So it wasn't a big deal. I have 2 mp3 players, so listening to music is always fun, so is listening to the rain and thunder. :)

I hope that everyone who is dealing with these storms stays safe. We are under tornado watch and I am very scared. I am trying my best to be brave and I even cleaned out the closet just in case we all need to go in there. I am hoping that we won't, but living here in TN, you never know...

0 comments:

Post a Comment