Ever since college-bound Mike Wazowski (voice of Billy Crystal) was a little monster, he has dreamed of becoming a Scarer—and he knows better than anyone that the best Scarers come from Monsters University (MU). But during his first semester at MU, Mike’s plans are derailed when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), a natural-born Scarer. The pair’s out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program. To make matters worse, they realize they will have to work together, along with an odd bunch of misfit monsters, if they ever hope to make things right.
Screaming with laughter and oozing with heart, Disney•Pixar’s “Monsters University” is directed by Dan Scanlon (“Cars,” “Mater and the Ghostlight,” “Tracy”), produced by Kori Rae (“Up,” “The Incredibles,” “Monsters, Inc.”) and features music from future Rock-and-Roll-Hall-of-Fame–inductee and award winning composer Randy Newman (“Monsters, Inc.,” “Toy Story 3”). The film opens in U.S. theaters on June 21, 2013, and will be shown in Disney Digital 3D™ in select theaters.
Mike Wazowski’s (voice of Billy Crystal) lifelong dreams of becoming a Scarer are derailed during his first semester at Monsters University when he crosses paths with hotshot James P. Sullivan, “Sulley” (voice of John Goodman), and their out-of-control competitive spirit gets them both kicked out of the University’s elite Scare Program.
“Like” MONSTERS UNIVERSITY on Facebook: http://facebook.com/PixarMonstersUniversity
"Follow" Disney/Pixar on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DisneyPixar
Visit the website: http://www.Disney.com/MonstersU
A Little Movie Trivia For You!:
· “Monsters, Inc.,” originally released on November 2, 2001, was nominated for four Oscars®: Best Animated Feature Film, Best Original Score, Best Sound Editing and Best Original Song—“If I Didn’t Have You,” for which it won.
· “Monsters University” will hit U.S. theaters nearly 12 years after the original “Monsters, Inc.” theatrical debut. “Monsters, Inc.” was recently rereleased in 3D on December 19, 2012.
· Billy Crystal is known worldwide for his film roles in “When Harry Met Sally…,” “City Slickers,” “The Princess Bride” and “Analyze This”; his 2005 Tony®-winning Broadway show, “700 Sundays”; as a cast member of “Saturday Night Live”; and as the nine-time host of the Academy Awards® ceremonies.
· John Goodman’s current film projects include Ben Affleck’s drama “Argo,” which premiered at the 2012 Toronto Film Festival; the Robert Zemeckis thriller “Flight,” which premiered as the closing-night film at the New York Film Festival; and Clint Eastwood’s sports drama “Trouble with the Curve.”
· Helen Mirren won international recognition for her work on stage, screen and television. For her portrayal of Queen Elizabeth II in 2006’s “The Queen,” she received an Academy Award®, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild (SAG) Award® and BAFTA Award for best actress. She was also named best actress by a multitude of critic’s organizations from Los Angeles to London.
· Oscar®- Grammy®- and Emmy®-winning composer/songwriter Randy Newman contributes his unique musical talents to his seventh Disney•Pixar film. The 20-time Oscar-nominee’s wins include “If I Didn’t Have You” for “Monsters, Inc.” and “We Belong Together” for “Toy Story 3.” He will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April 2013.