Calling all cooks! Eggland's Best (EB) has launched the second edition of the Eggland's Best "Your Best Recipe" Contest and will be awarding one lucky winner a $10,000 cash prize!
If you have an original recipe that your friends and family can't resist, Eggland's Best wants to hear about it! Whether you have a recipe for a savory frittata or a recipe for sweet and delicious pie, make sure to enter your recipe into one of the following categories:
- Main Course
You can enter up to two recipes in each category until July 31st.
The best recipe in each category will be awarded a $1,000 cash prize and the best recipe among the four category winners will receive the $10,000 Grand Prize! Official Contest Rules
Are your little chicks also creative in the kitchen? New this year is the Kid-friendly award, which recognizes recipes that get kids and adults cooking in the kitchen together. If your recipe meets the following criteria, make sure to check the "Kid-friendly" box on your entry form for the chance to win the $1,000 Kid-friendly cash prize:
- Less than 10 total ingredients
- No more than seven active steps in the preparation of your recipe (not including steps for oven pre-heating, or baking pan preparation)
- A minimum of three steps in the preparation instructions that can be conducted safely by an unsupervised child between the ages of 4 and 12
- Total recipe prep time should be less than 15 minutes (not including time for ingredients that need to be brought to room temperature, or any time required for pre-cooking or baking)
Following are key contest dates, but be sure to visit the Eggland's Best website to learn more!
- Contest entry period begins Monday, May 5, 2014
- Contest entry deadline is Thursday, July 31, 2014 at 11:59pm EST
- Fan Favorite voting begins Monday, October 6, 2014
- Fan Favorite voting ends Friday, October 31, 2014
- Winner Announcements Wednesday, November 10, 2014
Disclosure: I didn't receive any compensation for sharing this giveaway with you from Eggland's Best. I simply wanted to share it with you, my followers!