I was a little skeptical about the Battroborg Battle Arena from Tomy. As the reviews on Amazon are mixed. Some people like it, and some people don't. I didn't know that after a few minutes of playing with the robots, how to reset them after their lights turn red and the controllers make noise to signify that the robot was hit five (5) times, making that robot out of the game.
Set Up Instructions:
1) Put batteries in the controllers.
2) Make sure controllers are in off position (in the middle).
3) Make sure robots are turned off. Then plug the end of the big controller into the bottom of the robot's backpacks. Then turn the switch on the controllers to the left (Charging). Both green and red lights should come on. Now your robot is charging. Should take about 20 minutes. When green light goes off, and red light is remaining on, your Battroborgs are charged.
4) Set up the battle arena while Battroborg robots are charging.
- Easy to charge the robots.
- Easy to put the arena together.
- Fun to play!
- Instructions on where the stickers go are not really clear. The stickers are hard to get off of the sticker sheet. I wish that there was a better, real photo of where to attach the stickers.
- Take 20 minutes to charge, for 20 minutes of play time, which almost exact. (This is a con because my kids don't like the 20 minutes of down time inbetween playing with their robots.)
- No storage bag to put the arena, robots, and controllers in when we aren't using it.
- Cord between controllers could be longer. I am worried about my 6 1/2 and 4 1/2 year year olds ripping them out or damaging them by being too rough swinging them back and forth. (We showed them how to work the robots and be gentle, but they are kids.)
- I wish that it took 10 hits to the face before my children have to bring their robots to me to reset them, instead of 5. I showed them how to do it, but they didn't seem to understand.
My husband even got in on the fun! He read the instructions and found out that we can place the elastic arena bands into three different places! He seemed to enjoy this way the most, while my children enjoyed having the arena wide open so they could move their robots around more.
After you get the Battroborg robots battling and hitting one another, once the robot is hit five (5) times, you need to only touch his face for a few seconds, and then the robot resets itself. Be super careful with the Battroborg robots, as I read that their arms can come off. I just told my children not to touch the arms, just in case.
Battroborg, the award-winning motion-controlled battling robots game from TOMY that paved the way for a new generation of battling is on SALE NOW at Walmart! With only six to eight weeks left of summer, and six months until Christmas, Battroborg would be a great gift for anyone! The first robotics toy of its kind, Battroborg uses advanced motion-control technology to bring you the rush and grit of true in-your-face combat action. Whether you’re a brawler, a glass jaw or a southpaw, Battroborg promises pure excitement, ultimate battling action and knock-out fun!
Battroborg is $56.00 right now at Walmart, which is $20 off! Print the coupon above to save another $10.00! With the sale at Walmart, and with this coupon, the price is only $46.00! It's $66.39 right now on Amazon. (Copy, paste, and print out the coupon, or this post!) Hurry! Coupon expires August 31st, 2014!
Please share this additional $10 off coupon for purchase at Walmart with your friends and family!
Check out Battroborg products on their website: http://us.battroborg.com/#content/en/home.html
Like Battroborg on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Battroborg
Follow Battroborg on Twitter: https://twitter.com/battroborg
Follow Battroborg on Instagram: http://instagram.com/battroborg#
Go to Walmart today and purchase your own Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena, and let the fun begin!
Disclosure: I received my won Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena in exchange for two blog posts, one about the coupon, and this review post. No other compensation was exchanged or received.