It’s Getting Hot in Here!
Win a Professional Grill every Week this Summer
Enter the Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grilling Contest
This summer, it’s not just the temperatures that will be soaring. Jarlsberg® Cheese, the nationally recognized premium brand of cheese, announces the Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grilling Contest. Jarlsberg® Cheese is giving away a professional grill every week starting May 23, 2015 and running through August 31, 2015.
Since summer is the perfect time to enjoy a great burger on the grill, Jarlsberg® Cheese is celebrating the no-fuss season with the season’s perfect contest. Topping your favorite burger, chicken or grilled vegetables with a variety of flavors from Jarlsberg® Cheese has never been easier. Jarlsberg® Cheese, Jarlsberg® Lite Cheese and newly launched Jarlsberg® Smoked Cheese add high-impact flavor to any BBQ, and are available in conveniently pre-sliced packages in supermarkets nation-wide.
What better way to enjoy the summer grill season than to win a free, professional grill, in the Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grill Contest? Every week, Jarlsberg® Cheese will give away a professional grill to one winner. Entering is easy. Simply enter to win by filling out the Jarlsberg® Cheese Extraordinary Grilling Contest form on the Facebook/Jarlsberg USA site. You may enter one time every week, from May 23, 2015 through August 31, 2015. Each week one winner will be randomly selected, and be notified by email.
Jarlsberg® Cheese is available nationwide in the specialty cheese case in grocery retailers, and comes in pre-sliced packages, or sliced at the deli counter, and is also available in club stores. There is a Jarlsberg® Cheese for every palate:
- Jarlsberg® Cheese, is a mild, semi-soft skim cheese made from cow’s milk. Jarlsberg® Cheese is famous for its characteristic mild, sweet and nutty taste and its large round holes.
- Jarlsberg® Cheese Lite has the same mild, nutty flavor as regular Jarlsberg® Cheese with 50% less fat and 30% fewer calories, than regular Swiss cheese. This low-fat variety of Jarlsberg® Cheese original has the characteristic large round holes, with a lower fat content – perfect for those days when you crave the sweet, nutty delights of Jarlsberg® Cheese but need to watch your diet.
- Jarlsberg® Hickory Smoked Cheese has a piquant smoky taste, and like most smoked foods has a darker, browner surface. Jarlsberg® Hickory Smoked Cheese is cold smoked over smoldering, hickory chip embers, this Hickory smoked flavor will enhance your cold or hot foods, with its deep, smoky charms.
“We are always thrilled to share our love for summer grilling with Jarlsberg® Cheese with our fans,” said Deborah Seife, General Manager of Marketing for Jarlsberg® Cheese. “What better way to enjoy the summer grilling season than making “Jarlsburgers” and other great grilling delights made with Jarlsberg® Cheese. So go enter the enter the contest and win your family a grill on us.”
Enjoy these summer recipes for meat lovers, health lovers and vegetarians are below. Let the grilling begin!
4 Jarlsberg® Cheese slices
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 tablespoon steak seasoning
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
4 hamburger buns
4 ripe tomato slices
4 pieces lettuce
4-8 red onions slices
1. Mix steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce to ground beef and make 4 patties
2. Grill the patties until perfection—8 to 10 minutes. During the last couple minutes of grilling, put 1 slice of Jarlsberg on each patty to melt. Assemble your burger with lettuce, tomatoes and onion slices.
Optional: add crispy bacon pieces to ground beef and mix before grilling and/or as topping.
*Jarlsberg® Grilled Fig Pizza
2 cups Shredded Jarlsberg® Cheese
1 pound of dough (buy at your local pizzeria)
1 can crushed tomatoes
Olive oil spray
Toppings as desired
Figs – fresh and as many as you desire
Salt, pepper and basil to taste
1. Before you light the grill, spray olive oil over grill, being sure to cover well. Once grill is hot, gently lay the dough, stretched out already, on the grill.
2. Cook for 3 minutes or until crust starts to brown slightly, then flip.
3. In a separate bowl, mix crushed tomatoes, adding in salt, pepper and fresh basil to taste.
4. Lay tomato mixture and Jarlsberg® Cheese on top of crust, and scatter some fresh, sliced figs.
5. Cover for 4-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Use a large spatula to remove pizza from grill.
About Jarlsberg® Cheese:
In 1956, we created Jarlsberg® cheese, using an original Norwegian recipe. Why does Jarlsberg® cheese taste so mild, nutty and delicious? It's all part of the legend...and Norway's most guarded recipe! Jarlsberg Cheese Minis is the winner of the 2014 Men’s Health Best Foods For Men Award.