Season 2 will include 10 three-minute episodes and three seasonal specials timed to Easter, Halloween, and Winter Holidays, is rich with themes of adventure, friendship, and humor, and celebrates the “Royal Heart of friendship” at the center of each story. It also introduces viewers to MANY more royal pets, including Aurora’s pet fox Nuzzles, Belle’s pet puppy Teacup, and Jasmine’s pet elephant Taj, among other critterzens (there’s even a sloth!).
Episode 1, “Pets on the Hunt!” brings viewers on a delightful scavenger hunt around the village of Whisker Haven, where the pets must work together in order to understand confusing clues and make the hunt a success. New episodes will release on the Disney Junior app every Wednesday (known as #WhiskerHavenWednesday) through April 13, with additional episodes rolling out later this year. The episodes will also air on Disney Channel and Disney Junior beginning Wednesday, March 23 with the Easter special “Hearts, Hooves, Eggs!”
More fun facts about this franchise:
· Season 1 generated over 204 million views across all platforms in 2015
· “Whisker Haven Tales with the Palace Pets” first debuted as a series of books
· The Palace Pets in Whisker Haven app has been downloaded 1.1 million+ times
· Lego is debuting a royal castle featuring Windflower and Dreamy and Pumpkin’s Carriage featuring Cinderella’s puppy, Pumpkin
· There will be new figures and a playset themed after select new episodes from Season 2