Saturday, August 13, 2016

Things That Remind Me of My Childhood...


My Dad, Mom and I when I was a baby.

There are many things that remind me of my childhood. One of them is Thrifty's Chocolate Malted Crunch Ice Cream! I loved that ice cream! I haven't been able to find anything else like it since. Some others are Orange Julius, the Hello Kitty shop (it was a store where you could buy Hello Kitty items like stickers, small toys, candy, etc.), Disneyland, the old Knott's Berry Farm Lake and Riverboat (We used to go there and ride the train around the lake, ride on the boat, feed the ducks and have picnics in the shade under the trees. They took it out back in the 1980's, and now it's a parking lot. So yes, they paved paradise, and put in a parking lot.), walking to the park, walking to the liquor store, Silverado Days (It was our town's yearly fall carnival that lasted from Thursday night until Sunday night, and it was amazing! The food, rides, games, booths, it was magical. I really loved going with my parents and especially when I was a teenager with friends.), playing outside until the street lights came on, going trick or treating without a care in the world, class parties for every holiday and birthday, and dressing up at school on Halloween and our Halloween parade at school.

There are many more things that remind me of being a child. Many of those things are still in my parent's home in Buena Park, CA, along with my parents. I live in middle Tennessee, far away from them. I miss them. I guess we never forget our childhoods and we always crave those things that remind us of it. But as I've gotten older (41), I am learning to let go of old friends, because they are busy with their lives in CA, and I am not there with them anymore. It's taken me almost 10 years to realize this. I have some friends in TN, but not like the friends that I had in CA.

So there's some more about me. What's your story?

0 comments:

Post a Comment