Tuesday, February 28, 2017

DIY Your Own St. Patrick's Day Wish Basket! #Upcycle #ChickfilaMomsDIY


My family and I was challenged with creating something out of Chick-fil-A's soup containers. We got one large container and one small. There are so many things that you can create such as a bird feeder, travel first aid kit, wind chimes, snack containers for you and your children, and more! We decided on a few ideas, but came up with this one!

My family is part Irish, from both my side of the family and from my husband's side too. We love celebrating St. Patrick's Day! I decided to create a St. Patrick's Day Wish Basket. My children love this idea! For the 5 days leading up to St. Patrick's Day, starting on March 12th, my children will each get ONE Chocolate Coin out of the basket. They will make a wish, then eat their chocolate coin. On the 16th of March, they will eat their last coin and make their last wish. Then on St. Patrick's Day, March 17th, their little leprechaun inside their basket will have some treats waiting for them! Probably something like a new book, a few pieces of candy, something small, but you get the idea. I think it's a great, new family tradition!

Here are Step-By-Step Directions for creating your own St. Patrick's Day Wish Basket!


You will need some of the items below:
- One large empty soup container from Chick-fil-A (one small soup/fruit container too if you have a little one like mine who wanted to make her own)
- Chocolate Coins (15 or more, I bought 3 bags of 10 coins each)
- St. Patrick's Day Stickers
- Leprechaun Figurine
- Two Pipe cleaners of any color (optional)
- Some colored beads (optional)
- Scotch Tape (or something stronger to hold the pipe cleaners in the container)
- Shredded paper (white, green, yellow, or some other color - optional, but it sure makes it look neat!)

Directions:
1) Put stickers on the outside of the container



2) Add your handle or pipe cleaners to your basket
(I took two pipe cleaners, green and white, and twisted them a few times on one end, you can see more detail of this in the photo that I took with what you need to do this project. Then I placed one bead on the white pipe cleaner and twisted the green pipe cleaner around it gently twice, then placed another bead on the white pipe cleaner and twisted the green one again, repeat until you have about 3/4 an inch of pipe cleaners left. Then twist the rest of the pipe cleaners together without beads. Then tape them to the sides of the container.)

3) Put shredded paper and your Leprechaun into your basket



4) Gently add your chocolate coins into your basket. (I used only the big ones)


Your done!

My seven year old daughter liked my idea so much, that she wanted to create her own St. Patrick's Day basket! She used the smaller container, but she used the lid and she didn't make a handle for hers. She used all of the smaller chocolate coins that I had left over. Check it out below!





0 comments:

Post a Comment