Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My first post, well I am not really sure to start, other than saying that I just got my daughter down for her nap and went outside to my car to put her car seat inside. She is only 18 pounds, but the pediatrician wants her in a rear facing car seat, and not an infant one.

We bought an Evenflo Triumph Advance and it worked great for our son! I adjusted everything the way it should be for rear facing and put her in it in the house and adjusted all the straps for her body. Then I went to put it in the car. It was a royal pain in my booty to strap in. I tried from the rear passenger side to put my body into the seat so that I could pull the strap tight, and it wasn't budging. I did this several times. Finally, I went over to the rear drivers side and climbed into the backseat and into the car seat itself. That still wasn't working. So I disconnected the anchors from the things that the car seat is supposed to strap onto and readjusted the seat, climbed into it, and tried again. This time, I loosened the strap and held down the strap release button. That actually seemed to help. I actually got it in there, it only took 30 minutes. Now my fingers on my right hand hurt from pulling on the car seat strap so hard. :( Oh well, such is life.

I think that we are going to have to buy another car seat for both kids, because there's no way that I am going to reinstall that thing in my little car again. That was not fun, reinstalling and uninstalling car seats every weekend, is beginning to take it's toll on this Mama.

0 comments:

Post a Comment