Sunday, March 18, 2012

Why Do We As Women, Judge Other Women?

I am still trying to figure this one out. If I am watching TV or reading about a celebrity in a magazine, then I feel it's ok to judge what they are wearing. But I don't judge their lives or their lifestyles, to me, that's there business. I have no issues with Gweneth Paltrow showering with her children. They are her children, she should do whatever she feels that her and her children are comfortable doing.

I have a very open mind, as my sister is married to another woman. My class president in high school was gay. I know many gay people. I know people who are swingers. I know people who are into the BDSM scene. I know people who are flat out strange, but the things that make them strange, make for some great conversations!

Why do we feel that it's ok to pick apart what other women say to us? We don't pick apart what other men, if you have guy friends, say to us. So why over think what our girlfriends tell us?

But with other women, we are ALL too quick to judge them by them yelling at their children in public, or by what they were, whether or not they are fat or skinny, wearing make up or not, but the shoes they are wearing, or the cars they drive? I am not sure why we feel that it's ok to do this? But I don't feel that it's alright to do it at all. We should all be supporting one another and helping one another, because if we don't, we could have things like our birth control rights taken away. That's just one of many things that could happen if we don't stop judging other women, and if we don't all start putting our feelings and our judgements aside.

3 comments:

  1. What you said is SO TRUE! Women are so quick to judge other women but we don't do that to men. We are much harder on women, and we shouldn't be. We should be supporting each other! Great post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ask me, I think it's an "alpha female" type thing :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how men never seem to do that! They don't even notice what shoes other guys are wearing (but they definitely notice what cars they're driving!) I think it's because so many women use other women as their yardstick whereas many men don't. Men might wish they had whatever car someone else is driving but it doesn't affect their self-image. We let it--we've been conditioned that way since childhood.

    ReplyDelete