Thursday, November 7, 2019

News About My Twelve Year Old Son!

After MANY years of trying to get the teachers and others at my son's old elementary school to see that my son NEEDS special education help and services, they did nothing, until it was too late!

Since moving to California, the elementary school here saw what I've been seeing for years! That my twelve year old son has Asperger's Syndrome and he qualifies for special education help and services. He might even get his own aide for the rest of this school year! I'm really happy about this! I've been trying to get him special help forever! But no one in Tennessee would listen, not even my soon to be ex-husband. He still thinks that our son is normal, and just stubborn. But he's not normal. He's far from normal. He has to be handled and treated differently than our girls, and he knows it too! He sees things and makes comments about his problems and about what he can and can't do. My son knows he's different.

I am grateful for more opportunities for my son! I am grateful for the school staff finally seeing what I've been seeing and trying to get someone to agree with me about, for years!

7 comments:

  1. Well, good for you! I am so glad that he is getting the help. I am sure you will see an improvement before long. Mom's know their kids the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for y'all, Heather! May they provide amazing help and resources for your sweet son!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you. We had to fight for our child's Special Education help for 2 years. It's just as if they don't care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's taken me since he was in 2nd grade! He was fine until the work got harder and the teachers kept passing out worksheet after worksheet. The kids weren't really learning anything at all. I feel that some of his current issues are still related to his lazy 2nd grade teacher!

      Delete
  4. Wow - what a huge thing! I'm so glad that he is now able to get the services he needs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear you're able to get the help needed for your son. Wish him all the best.

    ReplyDelete