Tuesday, August 4, 2020

All Lives Matter? #StopTheViolence #StopTheDivision


I normally stay away from political stuff. But today, as we are driving down the road, my now eleven year old and I saw a vehicle with Black Lives Matter written all over the windows. She asked me, "Why can't we be done with this already? Why do they say that Black Lives Matter when all lives matter? Mom, don't we matter too?"

Out of the mouths of a sweet, innocent little girl. Does it matter what color her skin is? Nope. Does it matter that I've raised my three children to love ALL, to love everyone, no matter their race, religion, sexual orientation, etc.? Yes! That matters hugely this day and age. I'm forty five years old. I want my kids to notice things and stand up for what they believe in.

She also asked me, "Didn't Martin Luther King Jr. make things better for black people in the United States?" I explained to her that yes he did, for the most part. But that blacks still aren't treated equally by our policemen. When policemen pull over a black person for something, or nothing, they automatically assume that they did something wrong and they don't treat them with the same respect that they would another person of another color or race.

I find this interesting though, I know many police that pull over Latin people. But we don't see them complaining about that Latin or Mexican lives matter?! Why is that? I'm just curious as to why this is?

So, to me, ALL LIVES MATTER! Black lives matter. Asian lives matter. Latin lives matter. Mexican lives matter. Indian lives matter. We ALL Matter! But lately, I'm starting to wonder... Are you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment