Monday, May 21, 2018

Screen-Free Fun - Book Review! #ScreenFreeFun

I am sharing about a book below called "Screen-Free Fun: 400 Activities For the Whole Family." While many of you know about things you can do with your children without watching television, playing video games or letting them play on iPads, tablets, their phones and more, there are many activities inside this book that you've never thought of before!

The tips in Shannon’s book help parents to fight against boredom, keeps little hands busy during travel time, craft time, and outdoor adventures.

Since many of the activities work well for kids at various ages, they will be able to grow along with the different projects, and occupy both younger and older siblings alike. There is also space for readers to add their own favorite activities, so they never forget a great idea or memory!


Shannon Philpott-Sanders (Collinsville, IL) has written extensively about the joys of parenting for local and national newspapers and magazines throughout her fifteen-year career as a freelance journalist. A mother of two, she has dedicated herself to becoming a lifelong learner when it comes to parenting her son and daughter who are now in their late teens.

A graduate of Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, Philpott-Sanders holds a bachelor’s degree in journalism and a master’s degree in English. When she is not writing and offering tips for fun-filled experiences with children, she serves as an associate professor of English at St. Louis Community College – Meramec and advises the student-run newspaper.

My Review:
I know about some of the ideas in this book, but not all of them. Sometimes my brain is just blank on what to do with my three children, and sometimes, it's full of ideas. But Screen-Free Fun helps me now to come up with ideas not only for my own children, but for my Daisy Girl Scout Troop and more! I tend to volunteer to watch other people's children. So I now keep this book with me, along with coloring pages, blank paper, yarn, scissors, safety pins, crayons, markers, bubbles, chalk, and more! I keep them all inside of my utility bag, which I couldn't live without!

Purchase your own copy today on Amazon and join in on the fun and enjoy some Screen Free activities, games and more with your family. Create new bonds and fix those that have been broken. Maybe this week will keep your children from doing something crazy, like eating laundry pods!


Disclosure: I received one copy of "Screen-Free Fun" book in exchange for my post. No other compensation was exchanged or received.

0 comments:

Post a Comment