Friday, July 30, 2010

Elmo's Potty Time DVD - Review


It's been time to potty train our almost 3 year old son, Matthew, for a while now. It's hard finding time inbetween everything else going on in our lives. He loves being praised, and he loves cookies. So I decided to buy some mini vanilla oreos to help motivate him into going in his potty. We are working on it. He LOVES his CARS underwear, so this helps. But, the Elmo's Potty Time DVD also helped. He was repeating Pee, Pee, and Poo, Poo along with the kids on the dvd. He thought that was the coolest thing! Nice to see other kids talking about going potty, since we don't have too many kiddos his age around us right now.

 

I really love the Elmo's Potty Time DVD! It shows Elmo in his diapers as a baby and shows Elmo and his daddy talking about when Elmo wore baby diapers and how Elmo learned to use the potty. Then it showed Elmo using the potty, which was really cool! Next, it was about Elmo, baby bear, and his little sister talking about using the potty. The whole dvd was very positive about potty training. It even teaches and repeats a few times that it takes time to learn to use the potty and that accidents are OK! I recommend for anyone who doesn't know where to start to potty train their toddlers to check out this! I bought it for under $10 at Wal-mart.

Click HERE to go to Amazon.com to buy it now! Or check at Target and Walmart the next time you are out shopping!

For more potty training advice and information, please check out my friend Heather's blog, she lists some really great information that we are going to follow to a T. I feel that it's the best way to go about training our son. Potty Training - Post 1 and Potty Training - Post 2.

1 comment:

  1. I always meant to pick up that DVD and, after reading your review, I wish that I did. Elmo has been a favorite in this house for ages and I'm sure it would have really helped the process along. Of course, we didn't find PTing all that difficult anyway, but I still would have liked to use the DVD.

    Also, thanks for sharing my blog posts on PTing! I hope that it works for you as easily as it did for us, but do let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns. I'm looking forward to hearing about your son's successful potty training journey!

    ReplyDelete