Thursday, September 15, 2011

Host a Play-Doh Play-Date Today in Your Home!


My children and I had a Play-Doh Play-Date! I set up the Play-Doh for them with some little cookie cutters and they had so much fun making animals with it! I haven't played with Play-Doh since I was a child, so this was really fun for me!

I found some great ideas on the Hasbro website that I never knew existed! Hasbro has a Play-Doh Play-Dates Website that has different themes to give you some ideas of easy things to create with Play-Doh! Each theme includes step-by-step instructions on how to create Play-Doh Fresh Ideas, Printable Crafts, and Healthy Snacks to help you host the perfect Play-Doh Play-Date! Children really love, and benefit from imaginative play!



I printed out a little coloring book for my two year old daughter. She loved it! She asked for it again tonight to color in while I was feeding her dinner! The little book includes tracing A,B,C's, Tracing Numbers, Dot to Dot, Learning Color mixing, and more! The coloring book is only two, eight and a half by eleven sheets of paper. You can cut the pages and then staple them together, or you can fold them three times, use a glue stick to glue the blank pages together, and then staple the top and bottom, or just the middle, of the little coloring book! It was very easy to do!


I printed out the pizza box because it looked really east to put together, and I had some light weight cardboard from some pajamas that I recently purchased for the kids to use up! I try my best to reuse items, or recycle them, so this was perfect! The above photo is what it looked like when I was finished. My four year old son and I used a glue stick to glue the cardboard inside the top of the lid, the bottom of the pizza box, and on the back side of the box for support.



We even tried to make a pizza, but we didn't have the correct colors of dough. So I started with some brown Play-Doh for the pizza crust, and I couldn't figure out what else to put on it. My almost four year old son made a duck, and stuck it on top of the pizza! Then my husband named it the "Wolfgang Duck Pizza!"

Do have some Play-Doh in your home? Host a Play-Doh Play-Date today for your children! The best part, it's FREE!!! They will enjoy it so much, and they will keep asking to play with Play-Doh again the next day. Well, my children did anyway!


Disclosure: This post is part of a SocialMoms product evaluation, for which I’ve been selected. I’ve been compensated for my time with 8,000 My SocialMoms Rewards Points. The opinions expressed in this post are mine and don’t necessarily reflect the opinions of SocialMoms or Play-Doh.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love the pizza box idea! Looks like your kids had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete