Wednesday, November 30, 2011

A Season For Giving


This Christmas season, I have felt a heavy need to give back to others. I wish that I could do more, but we can't afford it this year. Being a blogger, I have earned a little money doing blog posts and reviews. Some of it, I spent on my children earlier this year. But since this summer, I have been saving it. I ended up with enough to buy a small gift for a friend's little girl that was something that her mother wanted to purchase for her little girl, but she didn't have the money. The rest of the money I donated to my mom's group online because there are over 80 of us, and some of them needed help with Christmas gifts and food this year for their families to have a nice Christmas dinner. One Mom organized it and has been collecting money and gifts to give to our Moms and families in need. It's nice to know that people aren't afraid to come forward and ask for help.

In a few days, you won't find those Angel Trees around anymore. December 2nd or 3rd is the last day that you can purchase some much needed clothes or toys for a child in need.

If you want to give back this year, please go to your local grocery store or mall and pick up an Angel on one of the Angel Trees and purchase a few gifts for a child or children in need this year. The need for these gifts has more than doubled this year here in Tennessee, and not too many people are helping out. Only half of the children in need have gifts to open Christmas morning. Now that's really sad.

If you already purchased an Angel from an Angel Tree and you still want to give back, please email me or leave a comment here. I know of a sweet dog who needs surgery and an animal rescue needs the money to pay for it, this dog was hit by a car.

I also know a family who is trying to adopt twins from another country who really need help, and they need the money to be able to do this ASAP. You can check out more information on "A Good Kind of Crazy" and donate on the right sidebar.

I have a few toys left over from this years house parties, I am donating them to Toys for Tots!

Whatever you feel called to do this Holiday season, please give back or volunteer your time as much as you can to help others. We are all here to help each other out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment