Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Something I have learned in life, and blogging...

It Never Hurts to Ask.


I have had people in my life, my parents, friends, boyfriends, my ex-husband, all tell me not to do that. "Don't ask that," "that's embarrassing," and "what if they say no?" Well, if you want somethings in life, you have to ask for them, or about them. Things might be Free, or they might cost money, but if you really want it, being an object, a favor, etc., you have to ask nicely. There is NO harm in asking.

Never be afraid to ask other people for things. Never be afraid to email a company online about doing a product review (and maybe a giveaway too). Never be afraid to ask others for help. Never be afraid, as a new mom, to ask others to watch your new baby, so that you can get some sleep. (I never asked for help after my son, our first baby, was born. I hardly slept for the first six months of our son's life because I thought that I was supposed to be super mom, boy was I wrong. When my daughter was born, our second child, I asked for lots and lots of help. I asked my husband to watch our kids so I could get some sleep, and I am thankful for that.)

Don't be afraid to ask a friend who works on cars, or in our case, ride on lawn mowers or tractors, to check yours out if it needs to be repaired. Don't be afraid to ask another Mom friend, or Dad friend, for parenting advice, or for babysitting when you need it.

Don't be afraid to ask at your local coffee shop for Your cup of coffee that they messed up on, and that they are most likely, going to throw in the trash anyways. Hey, you could walk out with TWO cups of coffee! (I have done this a few times!)

Don't be afraid to ask your friends when they need help.

Don't be Afraid to Ask, you never know what might happen, and what you might gain in return!

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic post! As a fellow supermom, I totally agree on asking for help. It's still hard for me, but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And when you have been in that position and appreciated help, offer to help someone else in need.

    It is the little things that help. I left the grocery store yesterday and there was a young mother struggling to get the seatbelt straps fixed for the cloth insert and her baby was NOT helping. I stopped and asked her if I could help her with it. She hesitated and then said yes. I fixed it and left. I think that may have taken some frustration out of her trip. I also feel like she will help someone else in the future...because she knows what it means to get a little help.

    ReplyDelete